For the chicken and coconut balls
- 500g organic chicken, minced
- 1/2 cup quinoa, cooked in filtered water
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 bunch coriander finely chopped (roots included)
- 1 cm piece ginger, grated finely
- 1 big garlic clove grated (or 2 small)
- Sea salt or pink Himalayan salt, couple of pinches
For the turmeric and kaffir-lime-spiced broth
- 1-litre chicken stock, made using filtered water
- 400g can of coconut cream
- 1cm piece fresh turmeric, grated
- 1 piece ginger, sliced
- 6 kaffir lime leaves, bruised and torn
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup
- Sea salt or pink Himalayan salt, to taste
- 1 fresh red chilli
- Bean shoots
- Thai basil
- Rice noodles, optional
- Combine all chicken and coconut ball ingredients in a bowl and mix with your hands until well combined.
- Roll mixture into balls, using a heaped tablespoon as a size guide and set aside.
- For the broth, add chicken stock and coconut cream to saucepan and bring to a simmer. Stir in turmeric, kaffir lime, maple syrup, salt and ginger slices and simmer for 15 minutes. Add chicken and coconut balls and poach in broth until cooked through.
- Ladle broth and balls into a bowl and serve with fresh chilli, bean sprouts, mint, basil and coriander on top. For a more filling meal, add cooked rice noodles.