Rejuvenate health and beauty while you sleep blissfully with digestive-soothing coconut, cardamom, ginger and SLEEP Inner Beauty Powder.
SLEEP is a delicious bio-fermented turmeric and spice blend for beauty and wellbeing, with passionflower and lemon balm, traditionally used in western herbal medicine for sleep.
The perfect addition to your nighttime wellness ritual, aiding slumber while boosting your beauty with the reparative and protective benefits of antioxidants and belly-boosting probiotics.
– serves 2 (makes 2 cups/500ml – 17 fl oz)
- 1/ 2 cinnamon stick, broken
- 5 cardamon pods, bruised
- 1 star anise
- 4 black peppercorns, cracked
- 1 whole clove
- 2cm slice peeled ginger
- 1/ 4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/ 2 cup (125ml – 4 fl oz) water
- 2 cups (500ml – 17 fl oz) drinking coconut mil
- 2 teaspoons SLEEP Inner Beauty Powder
- 1 teaspoon manuka honey
- Grated or ground nutmeg, to serve
- Toast the cinnamon, cardamom pods, star anise, peppercorns and clove in a small frying pan over low heat for 30 seconds, or until fragrant. Pour in the water, add the ginger and nutmeg and bring to the boil. Decrease the heat and simmer for 5 minutes, or until reduced by half.
- Pour in the milk and simmer for 5 minutes. Stand for 10 minutes, or until lukewarm.
- Strain into two mugs. Add 1 teaspoon of TBC sleep powder and 1/ 2 teaspoon of honey to each cup and stir to combine.
- Pour into two cups and top with grated or ground nutmeg.
- Enjoy and sleep easy.
TIP: Sleepy chai spiced milk base can be prepared up to 5 days in advance and stored in the refrigerator. For a relaxing nightcap all you need to do is warm it up, add a teaspoon of TBC sleep powder and a little honey if desired.
* Can also be drunk cold
For more inner beauty recipes, click here.