– Serves 4
- 3 limes, zest finely grated & juiced (approximately 1/ 2 cup (125 ml) juice
- 4 cm knob ginger, peeled & finely grated
- 3/ 4 cup (180 ml) water
- 2 1/ 4 cups (560 ml) coconut water
- 1/ 3 cup (80 ml) HYDRATION Inner Beauty Boost
- 3/ 4 cup (180 ml) coconut cream
- 1/ 3 cup (30 g) coconut flakes, lightly toasted
- Edible flowers, to decorate (optional)
- Combine the lime zest, ginger and water in a small saucepan and set over medium heat. Simmer for 10 minutes, or until reduced by half. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool slightly.
- Strain the infused ginger and lime water through a sieve lined with muslin cloth into a medium bowl. Gather up the edges to form a bundle and squeeze to extract all of the liquid and flavour.
- Add the lime juice, coconut water and HYDRATION Inner Beauty Boost and stir to combine.
- Pour into a small shallow tray.
- Freeze for 1–2 hours, until frozen around the edges. Remove from the freezer and mix in the frozen edges. Return to the freezer.
- Remove the mixture from the freezer every 30 minutes or so and mix it up. Once all of the liquid begins to freeze use a fork to drag and scrape the mixture and break it up into small ice crystals. Repeat this over 3 hours, or until mixture is fully frozen into delicate ice crystals.
- To serve, scoop into serving glasses or bowls. Drizzle with coconut cream and scatter with toasted coconut and/or edible flowers to garnish.
Granita can be stored in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months.
For more inner beauty recipes, click here.